Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 2 and sidetracked!

So I made it through Day 2!  Yay!  I got dressed to my shoes ( I don't own lace ups, but they are sneakers so they don't just slide off!) and shined the sink before bed.  Then, I had a day when I was barely home at all, so there wasn't much to do to make things messy OR clean things up.  Then, my two year old got sick.

When I say my two year old got sick I mean that he woke up suddenly at about 12:30am, with a cough that sounded like a barking seal.  He was having trouble breathing and it scared him so he was crying.  I knew he'd be okay if he would just calm down.  He was getting enough air to scream so calm was the only thing we needed.  I called my mother-in-law (a RN) who drove an hour to get here with her stethoscope.  He had to sleep sitting up that night but I didn't get much sleep which means I lazed and napped and napped and lazed all the next day and didn't get anything done (I didn't get dressed OR shine my sink).  And today, I'm quite miserable dealing with whatever illness he had for myself.  Needless to say, while I have accomplished quite a lot today, I did not move forward on my FLYbaby venture.

At any rate, now I'm behind a couple of days.  I can give up or I can move forward.  I'm opting to move forward.  There are a couple of ways to move forward and I'm not sure that I know the "right" way to do it.  But I'm not going to let perfectionism keep me from moving on!  Not this time!

My options are to count the days I was sidetracked as days 3 and 4 and 5 and pick up on day 6, OR to pick up where I left off and count tomorrow as day 3.  I have decided to go with the latter.  Tomorrow I will be picking up on Day 3!

I will catch up with you tomorrow or the next day depending on how cooperative my hubby and my computer are! (See my other blog for details on THAT situation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment